Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sheesh I can't believe how crazy things have been! I threw Mr. Pearl And Pebble a surprise 40th birthday party on Sat. Was good but he suspected. Although, he did NOT suspect the acoustic guitar band. That was cool. This here picture is of my first attempt at dying wool! I am VERY VERY happy with it! I needed a Dracula red and didn't have one. So I made one myself. The picture is actually a bit lighter that the actual color. So now I'm itching to try more colors. Don't you love it when the first attempt is a success?!?

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I love that shade...it's perfect. I can't wait to see more of your batches...when you experiment with different colors. I've have always wanted to try it myself...maybe some day. In the meantime, I am looking forward to enjoying yours. Can't wait to see the little hearts you made for me....thank you so much! Blessings - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful color...yes a first time success is the best!!!

    An acoustic guitar band must have been so much fun!!! Nice Mr. P&P was somewhat surprised...I'm sure it didn't matter!!!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the first attempt is a success it always brings a smile to my face. Don't know what it means, maybe I'm just happy that it worked. Nice wool and a nice surprise for Mr. P&P (love that nickname!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey gorgeous, what a GORGEOUS colour, it makes me want to eat it! ;o) well done on yoru first attempt!

    hope you have a fun-filled day planned.....

    hugs

    hello gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. you did a brilliant job! one of the things i love about ruth rae is when she needs a color, she 'just' dyes it herself! it must be kind of liberating... i know in metals i love being able to do things myself - great for you!!
    so glad you had a fun party - and while he may have suspected, that feeling of someone caring enough to want to do something extra special for you is priceless...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wool turned out great! I was wondering what happened to you! See you tonight?

    ReplyDelete